- Las Vegas Chapter of the National Bar Association Hosts Annual Scholarship Gala on October 16, 2021This special event raises funds for scholarships for law students who are committed to serving minority, low income, and other underserved communities in Clark County, Nevada. The Annual Scholarship Gala is the LVNBA’s signature event, and since 1987 the LVNBA has given tens of thousands of dollars to law students in scholarships.
- Civil Bench Bar Meeting Set for October 19, 2021Clark County, Nevada, are invited to attend the Civil Bench Bar Meetings. The next meeting will be held online via Zoom on Tuesday, October 19, 2021, Noon to 1:00 PM.
- Bench, Bar Leaders to Discuss Diversity in the Legal Profession at Luncheon on October 21, 2021On Thursday, October 21, 2021, the CCBA will host “Diversity in the Legal Community” a special luncheon event featuring a panel discussion about diversity, inclusion, and equity in the legal profession with notable members of Nevada’s legal community. This event offers 1.0 hour of continuing legal education (CLE) for Nevada lawyers. This in-person event will be held in the Bel Air Banquet Room, inside the Golden Nugget located in downtown Las Vegas. Members of the State Bar of Nevada and the CCBA are invited to attend at no charge. Seating will be limited. RSVP is required to the Clark County Bar Association by Friday, October 15, 2021. See below for more info and RSVP form.
- Rock Rocheleau to Present Family Law CLE Program on October 14, 2021Rock will present “Half!! – The Four-Letter Word in Divorce Court” to highlight relevant information for Nevada lawyers. The presentation will offer 1.0 CLE credit to CCBA members only. Pricing of the event and CLE is included with the 2021 CCBA membership.
- Washoe County Bar Association Seeks Executive DirectorThe Washoe County Bar Association (WCBA), a non-profit voluntary organization of attorneys practicing in Northern Nevada, is seeking a full-time Executive Director with strong interpersonal skills who is highly motivated to lead the WCBA. The deadline for applications is Friday, October 15, 2021. For more information about this opportunity, view the job description posted to the Marketplace page at https://clarkcountybar.org/marketplace/view-the-marketplace-ads/.
- Discovery and ADR CLE Series Starts September 28Discovery and ADR Commissioners Erin Lee Truman and Jay Young will be the featured speakers in ” “Discovery & ADR CLE with The Commissioners” a three-part series of CLE programs produced by Stephen Smith, Esq. of the Clark County Bar Association’s CLE Committee. The series will be held online via Zoom, from 12:30 to 1:30 PM, on Tuesday for three occurrences…
- Court Orders Civil/Criminal Division Case Reassignments, Track SchedulesOn Friday, September 3, 2021, Chief Judge Linda Marie Bell of the Eighth Judicial District Court (EJDC) signed an administrative order in the matter of Civil/Criminal Division Case Reassignments. See Administrative Order 21-06 (AO 21-06) available as a 9-page PDF…
- Volunteers Needed for Project 150 Event on September 25, 2021CCBA’s Community Service Committee invites members of the bar to volunteer to distribute groceries to people served by Project 150 at a group activity on Saturday, September 25, 2021.
- Classified Ad Listings AvailableNeed to hire staff? Renting office space? Providing professional services? Place a classified ad in print (Communiqué) or online (clarkcountybar.org).
- Nevada Appellate Court Summaries (8-10-21)By Joe Tommasino, Esq.
Visit our sponsors – Be loyal to the companies that are loyal to you! Learn more…