- CCBA Ballet Ticket Special OfferWe are pleased to announce that the CCBA has partnered with the Nevada Ballet Theatre for the 2021-2022 season. Interested CCBA members may request use of the two tickets for one of the select performances by sending a request via email to CCBA Executive Director Donna Wiessner. For more information, see below…
- CCBA Group Hockey Night on Friday, October 29, 2021We are pleased to announce that the CCBA is offering a special link for CCBA members to purchase tickets* at a discounted rate to a single game of the Vegas Golden Knights. See below for more information about the CCBA Group Hockey Night on Friday, October 29, 2021. #GOKNIGHTSGO
- A. Collins Hunsaker to Present Estate Planning CLE Program on November 17, 2021Estate planning lawyer A. Collins Hunsaker will make a special presentation for the continuing education of Nevada lawyers in a program produced by the CCBA’s CLE Committee on Wednesday, November 17, 2021. Collins will present “What Every Lawyer Should Know about Estate Planning” to highlight relevant information for Nevada lawyers. The presentation will cover the basics of estate planning. Topics to be discussed are: How to avoid Probate; Planning with Trusts versus Wills; Revocable vs. Irrevocable Trusts; Asset Protection Planning with Trusts and other entities; Understanding taxation as it applies to estate planning. The presentation will offer 1.0 CLE credit and is for CCBA members only. Pricing of this CLE program is included with the 2021 CCBA membership. RSVP to the CCBA by 11/16/2021.
- Nevada Lawyers to Present Legislative Update CLE Program on November 9, 2021On November 9, 2021, three Nevada lawyers will make a special presentation for the continuing education of Nevada lawyers in a program produced by the CCBA’s CLE Committee. The program, “Legislative Update: Looking In & Out,” highlight relevant information related to the following topics: adoption, immigration, civil litigation, health care, education, criminal justice reform, and tips from the Legislator. RSVP to the CCBA by November 8, 2021.
- CCBA Book Drive to Benefit Spread the Word NevadaMembers of the bar are invited to donate books to benefit Spread the Word Nevada. Now through December 31, 2021, drop-off new or gently-used books with Pre-K to 5th grade reading levels to the CCBA. No encyclopedias, coloring books, or library books. Call the CCBA at 702-387-6011 to confirm drop-off time and for more information.
- Family Law Issue of Communiqué PublishedThis issue features content related to the topic of domestic relations and family law matters, discovery, court news, and bar services, written by members of the southern Nevada legal community.
- Hot Topics in Family Court Discovery CLE on October 12, 2021On October 12, 2021, Discovery and ADR Commissioners Erin Lee Truman and Jay Young will present the third in a series of CLE programs produced by Stephen Smith, Esq. of the the Clark County Bar Association’s CLE Committee. “Hot Topics in Family Court Discovery” will be webcast via Zoom, from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
- Wanna Stay Out of Trouble in Discovery?Read this extract from CCBA’s CLE Article #10 written by ADR/Discovery Commissioners Jay Young and Erin Truman.
- Property and Support Claims for Same-sex Couples in Nevada after ObergefellRead this feature article written by Nevada lawyer Marshall S. Willick.
- Beating the BacklogRead this month’s View from the Bench column written by Eighth Judicial District Court Chief Judge Linda Marie Bell
Visit our sponsors – Be loyal to the companies that are loyal to you! Learn more…