- Update to Business Bench-Bar Meeting – Jan 27, 2022Due to Administrative Order 22-02, in person court appearances have been paused until 2/14/22. So, the Business Court Bench Bar Meeting on Thursday, January 27, 2022 (12-1pm), will be held online only. The meeting will be live-streamed on the court’s home page at www.clarkcountycourts.us. See below for the agenda.
- Judicial Candidate Profile Special OfferThe CCBA is offering the paid placement of Judicial Candidate Profiles to be listed on the bar’s website to all judicial candidates (incumbents and challengers) who are running for a seat on the bench in Nevada’s election this year.
- Court Order Outlines Civil and Criminal Case Reassignment for Departments 6, 9, 10 And 11On January 14, 2022, the Eighth Judicial District Court filed an order in the administrative matter of civil/criminal division case reassignments for departments 6, 9, 10, and 11. See Administrative Order 22-03.
- ABA Bar Leader Spotlights Clark County Bar’s Diversity CommitteeWe are pleased to share the news that the CCBA’s efforts to focus on diversity and inclusion, along with those by other small bar associations, are in the national spotlight.
- Employment Law Class Actions in Nevada CLE Program Set for February 8, 2022Featured speakers are Montgomery Y. Paek and Diana G. Dickinson of Littler Mendelson. The program will be held online via Zoom, from 12:00 to 1:15 p.m., Tuesday, February 8, 2022. The presentation will offer 1.0 CLE credit to CCBA members only. Pricing of the event is included with the 2022 CCBA membership. This event is for CCBA members only.
- Court Order Pauses Jury Trials Expected to Take Longer Than a Calendar WeekOn 12/22/2021, the Eighth Judicial District Court (EJDC) filed an order in the administrative matter of interim procedures for the probate department. See Administrative Order 21-08.
- Clark County Court Order Modifying Guardianship Procedures and Assignment of Minor’s Compromise ProceedingsOn 12/22/2021, the Eighth Judicial District Court (EJDC) filed an order in the administrative matter of interim procedures for the probate department. See Administrative Order 21-08.
- Five Things Issue of Communiqué PublishedThe Five Things issue offers a unique opportunity to learn about five things relevant to a specific topic. Authors were asked to be quick, to the point, and to keep the length of their piece to less than 500 words. This issue also includes court news and information about bar activities and services. Read the “Five Things” articles and find more featured content…
- Five Things an Attorney Should Know About Landlord/Tenant RightsLearn five things relevant to landlord/tenant law from this article written by Barbara Buckley of Legal Aid of Southern Nevada.
- Five Things to Know About Trial Preparation for Eighth Judicial District CourtLearn five things relevant to prepping for trial in Nevada’s Eighth Judicial District Court from this article written by Monique Jammer of Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck LLP.
Visit our sponsors – Be loyal to the companies that are loyal to you! Learn more…