Client Counseling Competition
- Friday October 20, 2023 (6:00pm-8:30pm)
- Saturday October 21, 2023 (9:00-10:30am)
- UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law
- CCBA’s New Lawyers Committee is organizing volunteers to judge the law students during the competition rounds.
- Sign up to volunteer: https://clarkcountybar.org/client-counseling-competition/
Clark County Bar Luncheon
“Diversity in Action: Recruiting a Diverse Workforce”
A special DICE CLE program hosted during the Clark County Bar Luncheon featuring notable members of Nevada’s legal community.
- More names to be announced soon!
- Moderator: David Chavez of Ballard Spahr
- Sponsors: The DICE CLE Series is funded in part by State Bar of Nevada’s IDEA Grant and sponsors: Adams ESQ, Consilio, First Legal, Heidari Law Group, Las Vegas Legal Video, Murchison & Cumming LLP, The Vieira Firm
- Date: Thursday, October 26, 2023
- Check-in & Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 12:00
- Luncheon Program: 12:00 to 1:15 pm
- Location: Culinary Academy of Las Vegas 710 West Lake Mead Boulevard, North Las Vegas, Nevada 89030
- Offers: 1.0 Ethics CLE (NV)
- Price: $50/Person
- Price includes Southwest style buffet lunch and CLE credit reporting!
- RSVP with payment to the CCBA required by October October 19, 2023: https://clarkcountybar.org/bar-luncheon-rsvp-form/
CCBA’s Annual Meeting & Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon
Guest speaker: Dean Leah Grinvald of UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law
- Sponsors: Bank of Nevada and First Legal
- Date: Thursday, December 14, 2023
- Check-in & Networking: 11:30 am
- Luncheon Program: 12:00-1:00 pm
- Location: Morton’s The Steakhouse, 400 E Flamingo Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89169
- Entrée Selections: Grilled 9 oz Ribeye, Chicken Christopher, Ora King Salmon Filet, or Vegetarian/Vegan Pasta w/ Grilled Vegetables
- Pricing: $53 CCBA Member / $78 Non-member
- RSVP to the CCBA required by December 7, 2023: https://clarkcountybar.org/bar-luncheon-rsvp-form/
Lunchtime Learning CLE Programs
“Moving In or Moving Out: Landlord-Tenant Law in NV”
Landlord-tenant laws went through significant changes during the pandemic. Now that the emergency is behind us, the laws are again changed. Recently AB486, which provided for the eviction mediation program, expired. So where does that leave Nevada today? Join two experts in the field of residential landlord-tenant law as they break down the current state of the law. From evictions to habitability, the speakers will cover the basics every Nevada attorney needs to know.
Speakers: Alex Cherup, Esq. of Nevada Legal Services and Nick Haley, Esq. of Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada
Date: Thursday, November 2, 2023
Time: 12 to 1:15 p.m.
Location: Online via Zoom
Credits: 1.0 General CLE Credits (NV)
Price for Live webcast (via Zoom): FREE for CCBA Members (2023) only
Price for recorded materials rental: $25/CCBA Member or $50/non-member
RSVP to CCBA by 10/17/2023: RSVP online at https://clarkcountybar.org/marketplace/cle-programs/landlord-tenant-law-cle-program/ or send an email to email@example.com.
About this lunchtime learning CLE: The live webcast on November 2, 2023, is free for current CCBA Members only. Only current CCBA members will be provided with the Zoom login information, program materials, and CLE attendance reporting after the program.
Not a current member? Join or renew a CCBA membership now!
More programs to be announced soon!
In the meantime, consider renting CLE programs from our audio-visual library. See https://clarkcountybar.org/marketplace/cle-programs/.
- Date: Sat 10/14/2023
- Time: 8 a.m.
- Location: Shine a Light Foundation, 840 S Rancho Suite 4-825, Las Vegas
- About: This activity is for volunteers to bring items for people sheltered in the tunnels. Bring a flashlight and backpack with items to distribute—e.g. water, peanut butter, single-serve pop-top food, protein bars. Do not bring children/minors. No cameras or lookie-loos.
Sk8 to Elimin8 Cancer™ Vegas
- Date: Saturday October 14, 2023
- Time: 4:30-5:10 p.m.
- Location: City National Arena, 1550 Pavilion Center Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89135
- About: 2nd Annual Sk8 to Elimin8 Cancer Frozen 5K and Ice Show event at City National Arena to benefit the Scott Hamilton Cares Foundation and Cure 4 the Kids Foundation of Las Vegas. Every dollar raised funds advanced, innovative research through the Scott Hamilton CARES Foundation, as well as their healthcare partners.
- Join our team: https://fundraise.scottcares.org/vegas/CCBA – Use discount registration code “CLARKBAR”
FIFTH Annual ¡Andale! 5K Run/Walk
- Date: Saturday, September 30, 2023
- Time: 8:00am to 12:00pm
- Where: Kellogg Zaher Sports Complex, 7901 W Washington Ave, Las Vegas, NV US 89128
- Join the CCBA’s team–DICE Rollers: https://runsignup.com/Race/NV/LasVegas/Andale5K
2023 Walk to End Alzheimer’s®
- Date: Saturday, October 28, 2023
- Schedule of events: 7:00 AM – Registration opens 8:30 AM – Opening Ceremony 9:00 AM – Walk Begins
- Location: Las Vegas Ballpark
- Route Length: 1/3 mile
- About: The Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s® is the world’s largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s care, support and research.
- Join CCBA’s team: http://act.alz.org/goto/CCBA
Rock and Roll for Pro Bono
November 11, 2023
Reception starts at 6:30 p.m. Live music starts at 7:00 p.m. and ends at 11:00 p.m.
Soul Belly BBQ on Main Street in DTLV
Let’s rock and roll to help veterans in Nevada!
A portion of the proceeds to benefit the NLS Veterans Project: Nevada Legal Services takes great pride in assisting our veterans. Learn about the Veterans Project at NLS: https://nevadalegalservices.org//what-we-do/veterans-project/
Live music line-up:
For more information about events hosted by the CCBA, contact the CCBA office at 702-387-6011.