CCBA members are invited to help our organization in its efforts to enrich the lives and careers of our members and our community. See below for information on upcoming activities hosted by our Diversity and Inclusion Committee for Equity (DICE).
Attorney Mentors Sought for Boyd Law Mentorship Program
Members of the bar are invited to mentor students at the UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law. The new mentorship program at UNLV Law is designed to pair a first-generation law student with an attorney in the Las Vegas area. First generation students often feel, and are, alone when trying to navigate the legal field. The purpose of this program is to bridge that gap. The attorney-mentor is someone the law student-mentee can go to for any questions they might have about law school, summer internships, practice areas, the bar exam, entry into the legal field, etc. Interested attorneys are invited to fill out the excel spreadsheet and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the mentorship program, reach out to Elody Tignor at Ogletree Deakins or Brian Wall, Associate Dean for Student Affairs, UNLV Law.
DICE CLE Series
These will be educational events for members of the southern Nevada legal community to attend.
A special two-part CLE series
- Clark County Bar Association (CCBA),
- Las Vegas Chapter of the National Bar Association
- Murchison & Cumming, LLP
- UNLV Race, Gender & Policing Program
These two events will be special CLE programs featuring a panel presentation made by notable law professors from UNLV and USD law schools. This event will be a non-partisan discussion to demystify an important and current topic of critical race theory (CRT). Following the presentation will be a question and answer and meet-and-greet between participants and presenters. Light refreshments to be served.
- Speakers: UNLV Law Professors Frank Rudy Cooper, Addie Rolnick, Stewart Chang, and USD Law Professor Roy L. Brooks
- When: Friday, October 14, 2022, 12-1:30 p.m. – Intro to Critical Race Theory – Click for RSVP form
- When: Friday, November 4, 2022, 12-1:30 p.m. Civil rights and criminalization – Click for RSVP form
- Where: State Bar of Nevada or online via Zoom
- RSVP to the Clark County Bar Association (CCBA) now. See above for links to event forms.
Please make a donation to support the activities of the CCBA’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee for Equity (DICE). Thank you!
Learn about DICE
Read about CCBA’s diversity and inclusion activities:
- “Small but powerful: National events spur local bars to focus on diversity, equity and inclusion” By Dan Kittay (Bar Leader, January 14, 2022 Vol. 47, No. 3)
- “Empathy and Awareness Are Keys to Diversity and Inclusion” by Michael J. Nuñez, Esq. (Communiqué, December 2021)
- “Hispanic Leaders in Law Event Set for September 28, 2022” (clarkcountybar.org, August 18, 2022)
- “Do you know any of these people?” By Annette Bradley, Esq. (Communiqué, August 2021)
- “CCBA’s 21-Day Challenge Begins Feb. 8, 2021” (clarkcountybar.org, Feb. 4, 2021)
- “Making Social Change: Read, Listen, Watch, Reflect, Act” By James E. Harper, Esq. (Communiqué, January 2021)
- “Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion Committee?” By Mariteresa Rivera-Rogers, Esq. (Communiqué, November 2020)
- “Clark County Bar President’s Message: On a more serious note.” By Mariteresa Rivera-Rogers, Esq. (Communiqué, October 2020)