CCBA members are invited to help our organization in its efforts to enrich the lives and careers of our members and our community. See below for information on upcoming activities hosted by our Diversity and Inclusion Committee for Equity (DICE).
DICE CLE Series
These will be educational events for members of the southern Nevada legal community to attend.
“Preventing Workplace Discrimination”
This is a program in the DICE CLE Series
- Panelists: Noel Hernandez and Elody Tignor of Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart PC; Connye Y. Harper, Esq. of ACLU of Nevada
- Overview and history of anti-discrimination laws including Title VII, ADEA, ADA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, and 42 USC § 1981
- Employer preventative measures
- Offers: 1.0 hour of continuing legal education (CLE) for Nevada lawyers
- When: Wednesday, 3/29/2023, 12 p.m.-1:15 p.m.
- Where: State Bar of Nevada (Las Vegas office. Zoom option available for remote attendance.
- Price: FREE for Nevada lawyers
- RSVP to CCBA by 3/27/2023: Complete web form at https://clarkcountybar.org/preventing-workplace-discrimination-dice-cle-program/
More information to be announced about upcoming events in the DICE CLE Series!
Attorney Mentors Sought for Boyd Law Mentorship Program
Members of the bar are invited to mentor students at the UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law. The new mentorship program at UNLV Law is designed to pair a first-generation law student with an attorney in the Las Vegas area. First generation students often feel, and are, alone when trying to navigate the legal field. The purpose of this program is to bridge that gap. The attorney-mentor is someone the law student-mentee can go to for any questions they might have about law school, summer internships, practice areas, the bar exam, entry into the legal field, etc. Interested attorneys are invited to fill out the excel spreadsheet and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the mentorship program, reach out to Elody Tignor at Ogletree Deakins or Brian Wall, Associate Dean for Student Affairs, UNLV Law.
Please make a donation to support the activities of the CCBA’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee for Equity (DICE). Thank you!
Learn about DICE
Read about CCBA’s diversity and inclusion activities:
- “Small but powerful: National events spur local bars to focus on diversity, equity and inclusion” By Dan Kittay (Bar Leader, January 14, 2022 Vol. 47, No. 3)
- “Empathy and Awareness Are Keys to Diversity and Inclusion” by Michael J. Nuñez, Esq. (Communiqué, December 2021)
- “Hispanic Leaders in Law Event Set for September 28, 2022” (clarkcountybar.org, August 18, 2022)
- “Do you know any of these people?” By Annette Bradley, Esq. (Communiqué, August 2021)
- “CCBA’s 21-Day Challenge Begins Feb. 8, 2021” (clarkcountybar.org, Feb. 4, 2021)
- “Making Social Change: Read, Listen, Watch, Reflect, Act” By James E. Harper, Esq. (Communiqué, January 2021)
- “Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion Committee?” By Mariteresa Rivera-Rogers, Esq. (Communiqué, November 2020)
- “Clark County Bar President’s Message: On a more serious note.” By Mariteresa Rivera-Rogers, Esq. (Communiqué, October 2020)