On Thursday, December 17, 2020, the Clark County Bar Association (CCBA) will hold the election for the 2021 CCBA Executive Board of Directors on the same day of the Clark County Bar Association Luncheon & Annual Meeting. This year’s ballot includes two uncontested races. The uncontested races feature three incumbents running to retain their seat on the board and one nominee vying for one open position on the board. The open position was created from the appointment of a current director to serve as secretary/treasurer for the organization next year. Attorney members are invited to cast their vote electronically by visiting the Clark County Bar’s website on the day of the event or by absentee ballot before December 17, 2020. See below for more information about the candidates, polling information, absentee ballots, and additional members of the CCBA Executive Board of Directors.
Candidates (terms to expire 12/31/2022):
Vote for any (one or more) to retain their current seat:
- Heather Anderson-Fintak* of Southern Nevada Health District
- Joel Henriod* of Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP
- Paul C. Ray* of Paul C. Ray, Chtd.
Candidate (term to expire 12/31/2022):
Vote for only one to fill one vacant seat:
- Paul Lal of Boies Schiller Flexner LLP
Polling information for CCBA’s election day:
Attorney members may cast their ballot electronically by visiting www.ClarkCountyBar.org on December 17, 2020. Link to ballot page to be activated on December 17, 2020. On that day, CCBA members will need to login at https://clarkcountybar.org/my-account/ to view the page and cast their vote.
Absentee ballot information:
Attorney members who cannot submit a ballot on December 17, 2020 (as outlined above), may mail, fax, or email a completed absentee ballot declaration and a ballot during a period of five (5) business days preceding the date of the Clark County Bar Luncheon and Annual Meeting to Clark County Bar Association, 717 S. 8th Street, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, Fax (702) 387-7867, or Email Executive Director Donna Wiessner at DonnaW@ClarkCountyBar.org.
Declarations and ballots will be available from the CCBA’s website as an electronic file to download from www.ClarkCountyBar.org, and upon request from the CCBA. See below for PDF file to download.
Additional members of the 2021 CCBA Executive Board of Directors:
- Officers (terms to expire 12/31/2021):
- President 2021: James E. Harper* of Harper Selim
- President-Elect 2021: Nedda Ghandi* of Ghandi Deeter Blackham Law Offices
- Secretary/Treasurer 2021: Brandon Kemble* of City of Henderson
- Judicial Appointee (term to expire 2021): The Honorable Jerry A. Wiese, II* of Eighth Judicial District Court, Dept. 30
- Directors (terms to expire 12/31/2021):
- Mark Blackman* of Barrett Daffin Frappier Treder & Weiss
- Jacquelyn Franco* of Backus Carranza & Burden
- James T. Leavitt* of Leavitt Legal Services, PC
- Alayne Opie* of Greenberg Traurig, LLP
- Amanda Stevens* of Battle Born Capital
- Ex Officio (term to expire 12/31/2021): President 2020 Mariteresa Rivera-Rogers* of Wright Marsh & Levy