Relevant content listed below was provided by Nevada Legal Services.
Nevada Legal Services (NLS) strengthens communities across Nevada by ensuring fairness and providing equal access to justice. We are a non-profit legal aid organization providing free legal services to low income people in every county in Nevada. Our primary source of funding is through a grant from the federal Legal Services Corporation.
Nevada Legal Services has a staff attorney opening in our Las Vegas office. The staff attorney will provide legal representation in a variety of cases in our core services including representing tenants in eviction cases, assisting with removing barriers to housing and employment, assistance with the denial or termination of public benefits, and counseling clients on a variety of legal matters. Legal issues the attorney may face can change depending on the needs of our client communities. The staff attorney will also be responsible for conducting and planning outreach on a variety of topics to social service providers and client communities.
We provide paid sick and vacation time, medical, dental, vision and life insurance. Salary depends on experience. The salary for the position is $50,000-$68,000 depending on experience.
- Applicants should be licensed to practice in Nevada or in another state and eligible for admission pursuant to Supreme Court Rule 49.1. Recent graduates will be considered but continued employment will be contingent on passing the bar examination.
- J.D. from ABA accredited law school.
- Applicants must have an interest and passion for helping low-income Nevadans, seniors and veterans.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team.
- Ability to work independently, handle changes or unexpected events, and establish cordial working relationships with court and administrative personnel, coworkers, service providers, and clients.
- Excellent oral and written advocacy, analytical and organizational skills.
- Capability to work with low-income clients from diverse backgrounds, including clients with physical and mental disabilities and clients with limited English proficiency.
- Follow all requirements of the Nevada Legal Services Personnel and Case Management Manuals regarding timely completion of timesheets, mileage reimbursements, and other administratively required documents, as well as maintaining cases in accordance with our case handling standards.
- Travel across southern Nevada to appear in court, meet with clients or conduct community outreach and education. Overnight stays may be required.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled but no later than (30 days out). Provide cover letter explaining interest, resume, references, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org, and reference “Las Vegas Core Services Staff Attorney” in the subject line.
Nevada Legal Services (NLS) is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and fosters an environment free of barriers and discriminatory practices. NLS actively promotes mutual respect, acceptance, teamwork and productivity. NLS is committed to maintaining an organization whose staff, Board and clients are diverse in background, experience, race, color, national origin, gender, age, religious reference, marital status, sexual orientation, sensory, mental or physical abilities, veteran status, and other qualities that strengthen the program while reinforcing its commitment to basic fairness. People of color, people who identify as transgender, lesbian, gay, or bisexual, and those with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals needing a reasonable accommodation for the application, interview process or for more information about the program may send a request to the email address provided.
Visit our website at www.nevadalegalservices.org and follow us on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
Please share this page with colleagues and business associates who may be interested.
Opportunities for CCBA Members
The Clark County Bar’s website features a page featuring listings for employment, office space, or law-related professional services.
View the Marketplace at https://www.clarkcountybar.org/marketplace/view-the-marketplace-ads/.
That page is updated frequently with placement of ads are ordered. It was updated again today.