On Thursday, June 17, 2021, attorney Rob Bare will make a special presentation for the continuing education of Nevada lawyers during the Clark County Bar Luncheon sponsored by Bank of Nevada, Dillon Health, and Prominence Health Plan.
Former Eighth Judicial District Court Judge Rob Bare now offers his services to provide authoritative guidance, expert reports, opinion letters, and representation in matters relevant to Nevada’s Rules of Professional Conduct (RPC). Prior to serving on the bench, Rob has served as Bar Counsel for the State Bar of Nevada and Senior Defense Trial Lawyer (Captain) for the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General’s Corps. After 30 years of service, Rob has opened his own practice—The Law Office of Rob Bare, PLLC.
Rob will present “Ethical Landmines in Today’s World & How to Avoid Them” for the Clark County Bar during the lunch time event. Topics he plans to address are:
- Virtual supervision of staff, unauthorized practice of law is now easier, be careful.
- Client trust accounts, don’t let them blow up on you!
- Communicating in a virtual environment, you can create an accidental client relationship and/or resultant conflict.
- Negative online reviews / posts . . . let sleeping dog alone!
- Lawyer mobility in a virtual office environment . . . know how to protect against the disqualification bomb!
The presentation will offer 1.0 Ethics CLE Credit (NV) to CCBA members only. Pricing of the event and the CLE is included with the 2021 CCBA membership.
The Clark County Bar Luncheon will be held via video conference. The planned agenda will be as follows:
- Introductions & Bar Business: 12:00 to 12:10 pm
- Speaker CLE Presentation: 12:10 to 1:10 pm
- Questions & Closing: 1:10 to 1:15 pm
This event is for CCBA members only. CCBA membership will be verified upon RSVP. During the event, attendance will be taken and only those members in attendance will have their attendance reported to the NV CLE Board.
For more information and to RSVP for this event, contact Donna Wiessner at Donnaw@clarkcountybar.org, (702) 387-6011.
This event is for CCBA members only.
RSVP by 6/16/2021:
About this article
This article was originally published in the “Law Practice Management” issue of Communiqué, the official publication of the Clark County Bar Association, (May 2021). See https://clarkcountybar.org/about/member-benefits/communique-2021/communique-may-2021/.
© 2021 Clark County Bar Association (CCBA). All rights reserved. No reproduction of any portion of this issue is allowed without written permission from the publisher. Editorial policy available upon request.