The CCBA’s Community Service Committee is partnering with the Southern Nevada Senior Law Program (SNLSP) to organize Nevada lawyers to provide pro bono and help some of our community’s more vulnerable citizens.
Will-a-Thon Event to Help Senior Citizens
- Date: June 15, 2023
- Time: 10:30 am – 2:00 pm – goal is 12 volunteer attorneys and 36 senior clients (Three 1-Hour appointments per attorney, scheduled by the senior center staff)
- Location: Martin Luther King Senior Center, 2420 N. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., North Las Vegas, NV 89032
- About: The Will-a-Thon will only involve an interview to assess Client needs, gather information, and provide basic Estate Planning guidance as needed. Clients will be pre-registered and scheduled for 1-hour appointments with the volunteer attorneys. Each attorney will have 3 interview appointments total. Subsequently, the SNSLP staff will draft the documents from the information gathered at the Will-a-Thon and oversee the signing of the Wills in their office on an appointment basis with the Clients at a later date. There will not be any drafting or finalization of documents at the Will-a-Thon event.
- Who: Nevada lawyers
- CLE Credit: 1 Hour continuing legal education (CLE) credit for 3 Hours of Pro Bono Service
- Sign up deadline: June 1, 2023
- Sign up deadline for Pro Bono Challenge: Sign up by May 31, 2023, to count it towards the State Bar of Nevada Sections Pro Bono Challenge !
- Sign up: https://clarkcountybar.org/community-service-activities/senior-law-programs-will-a-thon/
Required CLE Training Prior to Event:
- Date: June 8, 2023
- Time: 12:00 – 1:00 PMWhere: Via Zoom
- Registration: Contact Tiffany Shaw at SLP @ email@example.com . *Please Pre-register no later than June 1, 2023
- CLE Credit: 1 Hour CLE Credit
For more information about the CCBA’s Community Service activities, reach out to Stephanie Abbott at the CCBA office at 702-387-6011. Thank you!