On Thursday, December 2, 2021, the Clark County Bar Association (CCBA) will hold the election for the 2022 CCBA Executive Board of Directors on the same day of the Clark County Bar Association 40 Year Club Luncheon & Annual Meeting. This year’s ballot includes two uncontested races. The uncontested races features five incumbents running to retain their seats on the board and one nominee vying for one open position on the board. The open position was created from the appointment of a current director to serve as secretary/treasurer for the organization next year. Attorney members are invited to cast their vote electronically by visiting www.ClarkCountyBar.org on the day of the event or by absentee ballot before December 2, 2021. See below for more information about the candidates, polling information, absentee ballots, and additional members of the CCBA Executive Board of Directors.
Candidates (terms to expire 12/31/2023):
Vote for any (one or more) to retain their current seat:
- Mark Blackman* of Barrett Daffin Frappier Treder & Weiss
- Jacquelyn Franco* of Backus Carranza & Burden
- James T. Leavitt* of Leavitt Legal Services, PC
- Alayne Opie* of Greenberg Traurig, LLP
- Amanda Stevens* of Battle Born Capital
Candidate (term to expire 12/31/2023):
Vote for only one to fill one vacant seat:
- Alia Najjar of Ladah Law Firm
Polling information for CCBA’s election day:
Attorney members may cast their ballot electronically by visiting www.ClarkCountyBar.org on December 2, 2021.
Absentee ballot information:
Attorney members who cannot submit a ballot on December 2, 2021 (as outlined above), may mail, fax, or email a completed absentee ballot declaration and a ballot during a period of five (5) business days preceding the date of the Clark County Bar Luncheon and Annual Meeting to Clark County Bar Association, 717 S. 8th Street, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, Fax (702) 387-7867, or Email Executive Director Donna Wiessner at DonnaW@ClarkCountyBar.org.
Declarations and ballots will be available from the CCBA’s website as an electronic file to download from www.ClarkCountyBar.org, and upon request from the CCBA.
Additional members of the 2022 CCBA Executive Board of Directors:
Officers (terms to expire 12/31/2022):
- President 2022: Nedda Ghandi* of Ghandi Deeter Blackham Law Offices
- President-Elect 2022: Brandon Kemble* of City of Henderson
- Secretary/Treasurer 2022: Paul Ray* of Paul C. Ray, Chtd.
Judicial Appointee (term to expire 2023):
- The Honorable Jerry A. Wiese, II* of Eighth Judicial District Court, Dept. 30
Directors (terms to expire 12/31/2022):
- Heather Anderson-Fintak* of Southern Nevada Health District
- Joel Henriod* of Lewis Roca
- Paul Lal* of Boies Schiller Flexner LLP
Ex Officio (term to expire 12/31/2022):
- President 2021 James E. Harper of Harper Selim
*Denotes person currently serving on the board.
About this article: This article was originally published in the “Estate Planning” issue of Communiqué, the official publication of the Clark County Bar Association, (November 2021). See https://clarkcountybar.org/about/member-benefits/communique-2021/communique-november-2021/.
© 2021 Clark County Bar Association (CCBA). All rights reserved. No reproduction of any portion of this issue is allowed without written permission from the publisher. Editorial policy available upon request.