On January 28, 2021, several southern Nevada lawyers volunteered to conduct mock job interviews with nine local law students. The Attorney – Law Student Mock Interviews event was organized by the CCBA’s Community Service Committee in cooperation with the UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law and held via videoconference.
CCBA members Paul Ray and Minjia Yan collaborated with UNLV Associate Director of Career Development & Public Interest Advisor Nikki Harris, J.D., to help the Clark County Bar Association to be of resource to the law students.
Paul Ray commented, “We had so much fun helping these bright, enthusiastic Boyd Law students improve and sharpen their job interviewing skills for their future professional opportunities and working together with such amazing attorneys giving so generously of their time and talents.”
Special thanks to the following bar members for their generous time and efforts to help mentor law students during this practical skill-building event:
- Amanda Stevens of Battle Born Capital
- Atif Sheik of Law Offices of Atif Sheikh, PLLC
- Bridget Kelly of Nutile Law
- Christopher Carson of Sagebrush Lawyers, LLC
- Doreen Hartwell of Hartwell Thalacker, Ltd.
- Gian (John) Brown of Holland & Hart, LLP
- Judith Kohl of Roman Catholic Diocese of Las Vegas
- Michael Stoberski of Olson Cannon Gormley & Stoberski
- Oliver Pancheri of Santoro Whitmire
- Paul Ray of Paul C. Ray, Chtd.
- Roberto Campos of Solomon Dwiggins & Freer, Ltd.
- Stephanie Glantz of Bailey Kennedy, LLP
- Steven Parsons of Law Offices of Steven J Parsons
- Tracy Hibbets of Law Office of the Clark County Public Defender
- Trent Richards of Sagebrush Lawyers, LLC
The format for the event was designed to have at least two attorneys and one student per breakout room, per session, with two sessions of students interview scheduled. Each session included an interview, feedback, and discussion. Typical interview questions and mock interview checklists were provided to volunteers in advance of the event.