Relevant content listed below was provided by Nevada Legal Services.
Comptroller – Las Vegas
Nevada Legal Services (NLS) is a non-profit legal aid organization providing free legal services to low income people in every community in Nevada. Our primary source of funding is through a grant from the federal Legal Services Corporation.
Nevada Legal Services has an opening for a Comptroller. We are looking for a motivated financial professional with a mission to give back to the community. The Comptroller has overall responsibility for the accounting and financial functions for Nevada Legal Services, including developing and implementing program policy and directives, establishing procedures to safeguard program assets, and providing timely and reliable financial information. This includes helping develop the budget for Nevada Legal Services, creating and providing reports that help leadership understand company financials, managing the yearly audit, reporting to the Board of Directors Fiscal Committee monthly, and reporting to grant funders on a monthly or quarterly basis. The person that fills this role will have a high level of integrity and attention to detail and accuracy.
We provide paid sick and vacation time, medical insurance for the employee and dependents, as well as dental, vision and life insurance. The salary range for this position is $80,000-$98,000, depending on experience.
Visit our website at www.nevadalegalservices.org and follow us on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
- 5+ years in a financial role, preferably with a non-profit organization
- Strong understanding of federal grants management and GAAP standards
- Experience leading ﬁnancial budgeting and ﬁnancial planning process
- Ability to oversee and review corporate accounting functions
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team.
- Ability to oversee accounting personnel
- Solid understanding of ﬁnancial compliance requirements and experience implementing and managing ﬁnancial policies
- Ability to work independently, handle changes or unexpected events, and establish cordial working relationships with coworkers and grant funders.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Provide cover letter explaining interest, a resume, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org, and reference “Comptroller” in the subject line.
Please share this page with colleagues and business associates who may be interested.
Opportunities for CCBA Members
The Clark County Bar’s website features a page featuring listings for employment, office space, or law-related professional services.
View the Marketplace at https://www.clarkcountybar.org/marketplace/view-the-marketplace-ads/.
That page is updated frequently with placement of ads are ordered. It was updated again today.