Update 10/19/2022: This event is sold out!
On Thursday, October 20, 2022, a special event for the continuing legal education of Nevada lawyers will be held in-person from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. in Judge Richard Boulware’s Courtroom at the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada, 333 Las Vegas Blvd. So., Las Vegas. This event is sponsored by the American College of Trial Lawyers and the Clark County Bar Association.
“Trial Practice Boot Camp for Las Vegas New Attorneys” will be hosted by:
- Tamara Beatty Peterson, Peterson Baker, PLLC
- Kirk Lenhard, Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Marc DiGiacomo, Chief Deputy, Clark County District Attorney
- Christopher Oram, Christopher Oram Law Office
- D. Lee Roberts, Jr., Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial
Attendees will learn about the legal process made during the Rosenberg Spy Case. Julius and Ethel Rosenberg were American citizens who were convicted of spying on behalf of the Soviet Union. Instructors for this event will be selected from the Nevada membership of the Fellows of the American College of Trial Lawyers. The American College of Trial Lawyers will provide a link to their library of resources for all Boot Camp participants. See below for a tentative agenda.
- 8:00 – 8:15 am Call to Order, Opening Remarks and Welcome
- 8:15 – 8:45 am Discussion of Case Analysis, Theory of the Case, Civility, and Professionalism
- 8:45 – 9:10 am Lecture: Opening Statements
- 9:10 – 9:40 am Demonstration of Opening Statements
- 9:40 – 10:15 am Panel Discussion – Critique of Opening Statements; Questions and Answers
- 10:15 – 10:30 am Break
- 10:30 – 11:05 am Lecture on Direct Examination
- 11:05 – 11:35 am Demonstration of Direct Examination
- 11:35 – 12:15 pm Panel Discussion -– Critique of Direct Examination; Questions and Answers
- 12:15 – 12:45 pm Recess; Luncheon
- 12:45 – 1:30 pm Panel Discussion: What Judges Want from Trial Lawyers
- 1:30 – 2:10 pm Lecture on Cross-Examination
- 2:10 – 2:40 pm Demonstration of Cross-Examination
- 2:40 – 3:15 pm Panel Discussion – Critique of Cross-Examination; Questions and Answers
- 3:15 – 3:40 pm Lecture on Closing Arguments
- 3:40 – 4:10 pm Demonstration of Closing Arguments
- 4:10 – 4:50 pm Panel Discussion – Critique of Closing Arguments; Questions and Answers
- 4:50 – 5:10 pm Concluding Lecture – Twelve Secrets of Persuasive Argument
- 5:10 – 5:30 pm Closing Remarks
An updated agenda and list of instructors will be published on the bar’s website https://clarkcountybar.org/.
The event will offer a total of 8.0 hours of general CLE credit (NV). During each presentation, attendance will be taken and only those members of the bar who are in attendance will have their attendance reported to the NV CLE Board. The CCBA is an Accredited Provider with the Nevada Board of Continuing Legal Education.
Attorneys interested in attending this special event will need to RSVP with the CCBA as soon as possible. Space will be limited. Price: $125/attorney admitted to practice less than 5 years; $150/CCBA member; $300/non-member. Pricing includes luncheon, materials, and CLE credit filed with the Nevada CLE Board. RSVP with payment to the Clark County Bar Association, 717 S. 8th Street, Las Vegas, NV, 89101, 702-387-6011. Update 10/19/2022: This event is sold out.