2023 CCBA Executive Board of Directors Election Information
On Thursday, December 8, 2022, the Clark County Bar Association (CCBA) will hold the election for the 2023 CCBA Executive Board of Directors on the same day of the Clark County Bar Association 40 Year Club Luncheon & Annual Meeting. This year’s ballot includes two uncontested races. The uncontested races features two incumbents running to retain their seats on the board and one nominee vying for one open position on the board. The open position was created from the appointment of a current director to serve as secretary/treasurer for the organization next year. Attorney members are invited to cast their vote electronically by visiting https://clarkcountybar.org on the day of the event or by absentee ballot before December 8, 2022. See below for more information about the candidates, polling information, absentee ballots, and additional members of the CCBA Executive Board of Directors.
Candidates (terms to expire 12/31/2024):
Vote for any (one or more) to retain their current seat:
- Heather Anderson-Fintak* of Southern Nevada Health District
- Paul Lal* of NV Energy
Candidate (term to expire 12/31/2024):
Vote for only one to fill one vacant seat:
- Open Seat – Name(s) to be announced soon.
Polling information for CCBA’s election day:
Attorney members may cast their ballot electronically by visiting https://clarkcountybar.org on December 8, 2022.
Absentee ballot information:
Attorney members who cannot submit a ballot on December 8, 2022 (as outlined above), may mail, fax, or email a completed absentee ballot declaration and a ballot during a period of five (5) business days preceding the date of the Clark County Bar Luncheon and Annual Meeting to Clark County Bar Association, 717 S. 8th Street, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, Fax (702) 387-7867, or email Executive Director Donna Wiessner at DonnaW@ClarkCountyBar.org.
Declarations and ballots will be available from the CCBA’s website as an electronic file to download from https://clarkcountybar.org, and upon request from the CCBA.
Additional members of the 2023 CCBA Executive Board of Directors:
Officers (terms to expire 12/31/2023):
- President 2023: Brandon Kemble* of City of Henderson
- President-Elect 2023: Paul Ray* of Paul C. Ray, Chtd.
- Secretary/Treasurer 2023: Joel Henriod* of Lewis Roca
- Judicial Appointee (term to expire 2023): The Honorable Bita Yeager of Eighth Judicial District Court, Dept. 1
Directors (terms to expire 12/31/2023):
- Mark Blackman* of Barrett Daffin Frappier Treder & Weiss
- Annette Bradley* of B & B Realty Investment Group
- Jacquelyn Franco* of Backus Carranza & Burden
- James T. Leavitt* of Leavitt Legal Services, PC
- Will Sykes* of Claggett & Sykes Law Firm
- Ex Officio (term to expire 12/31/2023): President 2022 Nedda Ghandi* of Ghandi Deeter Blackham Law Offices
*Denotes person currently serving on the board.
About this article: This article was originally published in the “Family Law” issue of Communiqué, the official publication of the Clark County Bar Association, (November 2022). See https://clarkcountybar.org/member-benefits/communique-2022/communique-november-2022/.
© 2022 Clark County Bar Association (CCBA). All rights reserved. No reproduction of any portion of this issue is allowed without written permission from the publisher. Editorial policy available upon request.