Clark County Bar Blog
- Meet Your Judges Mixer Set for November 3, 2022Members of the Nevada bar and bench are invited to attend the Clark County Bar Association’s 31st Annual Meet Your Judges Mixer at the Las Vegas Country Club on Thursday, November 3, 2022.
- Jon Ralston Presents NV Election Overview on August 18, 2022Jon Ralston, CEO of The Nevada Independent, will make a special presentation for members of the Clark County Bar Association during a luncheon event at the Las Vegas Country Club on Thursday, August 18, 2022. Bar members are invited to attend and learn what this dynamic speaker has to say about the politics and candidates relevant to Nevada elections. RSVP with payment to the Clark County Bar Association no later than Friday, August 12, 2022.
- Justice Court Orders Mandatory Electronic Filing in Criminal Traffic CasesOn June 15, 2022, the Las Vegas Justice Court filed an order in the administrative matter of mandatory electronic filing in criminal traffic cases. The order becomes effective on July 1, 2022. See Administrative Order #22-06.
- Las Vegas Township Justice Court Seeks Pro-Tempore JudgesOn June 15, 2022, the Las Vegas Township Justice Court will begin accepting applications for the following separate Pro Tempore lists for the 2023-2024 calendar years:
- Deposition Conduct Rules CLE Program Set for August 31, 2022On August 31, 2022, Discovery and ADR Commissioners Erin Lee Truman and Jay Young will make a special presentation of “Deposition Conduct Rules – Do’s & Don’ts.” This lunchtime learning event (via Zoom) offers 1.0 hour of CLE and is FREE and for CCBA members only.
- Cannabis Law CLE Program Set for August 25, 2022On Thursday, August 25, 2022, business law attorneys Shamus Flynn, Daniel Giudici, and A. William “Bill” Maupin will present, “State of Play Cannabis Law 2022.” This lunchtime learning event (via Zoom) offers 1.0 hour of CLE and is FREE and for CCBA members only.
- Judge Bita Yeager Nominated to Clark County Bar BoardWe are pleased to announce that Eighth Judicial District Court Judge Bita Yeager has been nominated to the board of directors of the Clark County Bar Association.