- 2022 CCBA Executive Board of Directors ElectionOn Thursday, December 2, 2021, the Clark County Bar Association (CCBA) will hold the election for the 2022 CCBA Executive Board of Directors on the same day of the Clark County Bar Association 40 Year Club Luncheon & Annual Meeting. See below for more information about the candidates, polling information, absentee ballots, and additional members of the CCBA Executive Board of Directors.
- Updates to Bar Website Affect Member Login FeatureOn November 16, 2021, the CCBA staff disabled an app on the bar’s website that manages the membership login and credentials. As a result, the members’ usernames and passwords previously in use will no longer work for this website (https://clarkcountybar.org/). These changes to the website do not change the status of the person’s membership to the CCBA. It just modifies the functionality of the website by not requiring a user to login to complete certain tasks. Login is not required for most tasks needed for member services.
- LVJC Bench Bar Meeting to Focus on EvictionsThe Las Vegas Justice Court will be holding a Bench/Bar Meeting in Courtroom 7D at the Regional Justice Center at 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, November 17, 2021. This meeting will focus on eviction matters. The court invites all counsel who are interested to attend this meeting.
- Las Vegas Justice Court Launches Matterhorn Platform to Handle Traffic CitationsIndividuals cited for a traffic citation may now enter a plea online using Las Vegas Justice Court’s new online platform, Matterhorn. Access traffic citations by using the link: https://lvjcpa.clarkcountynv.gov/Anonymous/. After accessing a traffic case using the above website, users may…
- Clark County Court Issues Admin Order 21-07On November 2, 2021, Eighth Judicial District Court Chief Judge Linda Marie Bell Issued Administrative Order 21-07. AO 21-07 addresses the assignment of protection orders sought against minors.
- Ninth Circuit Announces Bankruptcy Judgeship Opportunity for District of NevadaThe Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit invites applications from highly qualified candidates for a Bankruptcy Judgeship for the District of Nevada. This position is available immediately, however, the selection process may take up to 18 months to complete. The official duty stations for this position is Reno, Nevada. … Deadline for receipt of all completed application materials: Thursday, January 20, 2022, 5 p.m. For more information, see PDF announcement from the United States Courts for the Ninth Circuit.
- Estate Planning Issue of Communiqué PublishedThis issue features content related to the topic of estate planning, probate, cryptocurrency, court news, and bar services, written by members of the southern Nevada legal community.
- Probate and The Pandemic: Legislative Changes Enacted in the Wake of COVID-19Read an interesting article written by written by Jeffrey P. Luszeck, Esq. and Alan D. Freer, Esq. and published in Estate Planning issue of the bar journal Communiqué (November 2021).
- Five Things Estate Planners Must Know about CryptocurrencyRead a fascinating article written by written by Jacob D. Crawley and published in Estate Planning issue of the bar journal Communiqué (November 2021).
- Proposed Changes to the Estate and Gift TaxesRead an interesting article written by written by Peter Co and published in the Estate Planning issue of the bar journal Communiqué (November 2021).
Visit our sponsors – Be loyal to the companies that are loyal to you! Learn more…