- “A Justice’s Perspective on Racial Justice” By Karl O. Riley, Esq.
- “Is it Time to Rethink the Defense of Qualified Immunity?” By Jonathan Lee, Esq.
- “Patently Unfair: Racial Inequality Through the U.S. Intellectual Property Legal System” By Caleb L. Green, Esq.
- “Anti-Blackness and Immigration Law” By Martha Menendez, Esq.
- “Five Actions Attorneys Can Take to Interrupt Implicit Bias and Promote Diversity and Inclusion in the Legal Field” By Mary Bacon, Esq.
- “Huellas Mentorship and Career Development” By Elva A. Castañeda
- CCBA President’s Message: “Making Social Change: Read, Listen, Watch, Reflect, Act” By James E. Harper, Esq.
- View from the Bench: “Las Vegas Municipal Court Continues Its Commitment To Operating Safely And Efficiently” By Judge Cynthia Leung
- “Nevada Appellate Court Summaries (1-6-21)” by Joe Tommasino, Esq.
- Bar Activities
- Legal Community Spotlight
- Court News
- The Marketplace
On the Cover:
The background photo is from a racial justice rally and prayer vigil, titled “We Deserve to Live,” held in the wake of George Floyd’s death at Kianga Isoke Palacio (formerly known as Doolittle) Park in Las Vegas’ historic West Side on June 5, 2020. Photo is courtesy of Nevada lawyer Angela Cook.
To see all the content, see the full issue of the Communiqué (Feb. 2021).
Communiqué is published eleven times per year with an issue published monthly except for July by the Clark County Bar Association, P.O. Box 657, Las Vegas, NV 89125-0657. Phone: (702) 387-6011.
Communiqué accepts advertisements from numerous sources and makes no independent investigation or verification of any claim or statement made in the advertisement. All articles, letters, and advertisements contained in this publication represent the views of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Clark County Bar Association.
Communiqué is mailed to all paid members of CCBA, with subscriptions available to non-members for $75.00 per year. For advertising information and editorial policy, please contact Steph Abbott at (702) 387-6011 or email@example.com.
© 2021 Clark County Bar Association (CCBA). All rights reserved. No reproduction of any portion of this issue is allowed without written permission from the publisher. Editorial policy available upon request.