Special thanks to all who attended the Clark County Bar Luncheon sponsored by Bank of Nevada, First Legal, and Dillon Health, held at the Las Vegas Country Club on March 23, 2023. The luncheon was hosted by CCBA President Brandon Kemble and featured a swearing-in ceremony, a special guest speaker, and the presentation of volunteer appreciation awards.
Chief Justice Lidia Stiglich presented a brief yet detailed update about the Supreme Court of Nevada. She included interesting statistics relevant to the court’s caseload and demographics. She also presided over the swearing-in ceremony for the CCBA Executive Board let by Brandon Kemble (President), Paul Ray (President-Elect), and Joel Henriod (Secretary-Treasurer).
Brandon noted that CCBA Past President Nedda Ghandi was unable to attend the event, and he recognized her and several members of the bar for their tremendous efforts made to support the organization during the past year.
CCBA’s Volunteer Appreciation Awards
- Michael Wendlberger – Volunteer of the Year
- Marshal S. Willick – Circle of Support, CLE Committee
- Benjamin Gordon – Circle of Support, Community Service Committee
- Angela Cook – Circle of Support, Diversity and Inclusion Committee for Equity (DICE)
- Joshua Dresslove – Circle of Support, New Lawyers Committee
- Jennifer Roberts – Circle of Support, Publications Committee
- Minjia Yan – Ambassador of the Year
- Bank of Nevada – Sponsor of the Year
- Brandon Kemble – Board Member of the Year
Recognition of Committee chairs:
- Michael Wendlberger (CLE)
- Alicia May and Benjamin Gordon (Community Service)
- Sheri Ann Forbes and Michael Nuñez (Diversity and Inclusion Committee for Equity)
- Josh Dresslove and Christena Georgas-Burns
- Alia Najjar and Jennifer Roberts (Publications)
40 Year Club Luncheon
Mark your calendars for May 18, 2023, when we will host the 40 Year Club Luncheon to celebrate CCBA members who have practiced law in Nevada for 40, 45, 50, & 55 years. This popular annual event typically sells out early. Learn more at https://clarkcountybar.org/40-year-club-luncheon/.