On June 15, 2022, the Las Vegas Township Justice Court will begin accepting applications for the following separate Pro Tempore lists for the 2023-2024 calendar years:
- Justices of the Peace Pro Tempore (NRS 4.032) preside on an as-needed basis over various types of criminal, civil, eviction, or traffic matters when judicial officers are unavailable.
- Small Claims Justices of the Peace Pro Tempore (NRS 4.032/NRS Chapter 73) preside on an as-needed basis in small-claims hearings when judicial officers are unavailable.
An applicant may apply and be selected for one or both of these categories and are expected to sit at least once per calendar year.
Pro Tempore compensation is $42.27 per hour or a minimum of $50.00 per day. Policies regarding Las Vegas Township Justices of the Peace Pro Tempore can be found on the Las Vegas Justice Court website in Administrative Order #22-02.
All applications must include:
- A resume, which outlines professional knowledge, skills, and years of experience.
- A cover letter, which specifies the position(s) of interest.
The letter must indicate:
- why the applicant desires to serve;
- the number of years of experience in the area of interest;
- familiarity with Odyssey and Judge Edition to be able to handle a paperless caseload;
- ability to accept assignments on short notice; and
- how often the applicant has presided as a Pro Tempore in the past, if applicable.
By submitting to the application process, the applicant agrees that the Court may conduct a criminal background check as well as a Bar status check with the State Bar of Nevada.
All applications must be received via email by 5:00pm Monday, August 15, 2022 to: Staff Attorney Joe Tommasino joe.tommasino@ClarkCountyNV.gov.
Direct questions or requests for additional information to: Staff Attorney Joe Tommasino at (702) 671-3424.