Read an open letter from CCBA President James Harper to law students who are enrolled at UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law and other ABA accredited law schools for Fall 2021 .
Dear Law Student:
Welcome to law school!
I am reaching out to you in my capacity as the current president of the Clark County Bar Association (CCBA). The CCBA is an invaluable resource for your professional development from law school and throughout your legal career. Our membership includes attorneys from a variety of areas of practice. Our non-profit organization includes opportunities for attorneys, judges, law clerks, legal assistants, merchants, and law students.
I invite you to become an active member and get involved with the CCBA to:
- Network at Clark County Bar luncheons and mixers, in person or by audiovisual connection;
- Attend continuing legal education (CLE) programs presented by actively practicing Nevada lawyers;
- Learn about the practice of law by interacting with our members;
- Develop collegial relationships and promote professionalism in our legal community;
- Promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within the CCBA and the communities Nevada lawyers serve;
- Participate in community service activities;
- Find information, updates, and opportunities from our periodical email, CCBA eNews;
- Read practical articles in our nationally–recognized publication Communiqué;
- Join a bar committee to help develop all of these activities, services, and more.
Please take a moment to join the CCBA as a student member for the 2021 membership year on our website at https://clarkcountybar.org/marketplace/join-renew/.
The CCBA will waive the membership fee for students who are currently enrolled at an ABA accredited law school.
Have a great first year. I look forward to meeting you at an upcoming Clark County Bar event.
James E. Harper, Esq.