The October issue of Communiqué features select content related to the gig economy and artificial intelligence. Also featured is a variety of content from the printed publication’s recurring columns and highlights on bar activities.
- “FTC Takes Action and Fines Angie’s List $7.2 Million After Committing to Protect Gig Workers” By Jennifer L. Braster
- CLE Article #15: “Benefits and Pitfalls of the Gig Economy” By Mark D. Rich, CPA, CFF
- “Embracing AI: Shaping the Future of Law Practice in Nevada” By Kenny Eliason and Dean Tingey, Esq.
- Pro Bono Corner: “An Emotionally Rewarding Side Gig” By Dr. Bonnie Verlaine Smith, Esq.
- CCBA President’s Message: “Jamaica Mistaica! We All Do. Let It Go.” By Brandon Kemble , Esq.
- View from the Bench: “Similar, But Not the Same” By Chief Judge Cynthia Cruz
- Nevada Appellate Summaries: “Nevada Appellate Court Summaries (9-5-23)” by Joe Tommasino, Esq.
- “Editorial Calendar Set for Communiqué (2024)”
- “Judicial Excellence Award Nominations Due November 9, 2023”
- “Notice of Election for 2024 CCBA Executive Board”
- “Community Outreach Activities”
- “Landlord Tenant Law CLE Free for CCBA Members on November 2, 2023”
On the Cover:
On the cover:
Feature author Jennifer Braster of Naylor & Braster.
- Advanced Resolution
- Ara Shirinian Mediation
- Bank of Nevada
- GGRM Law Firm
- Heidari Law Group PC
- Las Vegas Legal Video
- Legal Wings
- Portraits to You
- Prominence Health Plan
- Red Panda Systems
- Reformation Strategies
- Southern Nevada Senior Law Program
- State Bar of Nevada
- WestPac Wealth Partners
To see all the content, see the full issue of the Communiqué (Oct. 2023) PDF file to download (5 MB).
Communiqué is published eleven times per year with an issue published monthly except for July by the Clark County Bar Association, P.O. Box 657, Las Vegas, NV 89125-0657. Phone: (702) 387-6011.
Communiqué accepts advertisements from numerous sources and makes no independent investigation or verification of any claim or statement made in the advertisement. All articles, letters, and advertisements contained in this publication represent the views of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Clark County Bar Association.
Communiqué is mailed to all paid members of CCBA, with subscriptions available to non-members for $75.00 per year. For advertising information and editorial policy, please contact Steph Abbott at (702) 387-6011 or email@example.com.
© 2023 Clark County Bar Association (CCBA). All rights reserved. No reproduction of any portion of this issue is allowed without written permission from the publisher. Editorial policy available upon request.