Bar members are invited to participate in the Eighth Judicial District Court’s Business Court Bench Bar on August 10, 2023. Participate in person or via BlueJeans. Event includes special presentation on working with expert witnesses. See below for details.
- Business Court Bench-Bar Meeting
- Thursday, August 10, 2023, 12:00 p.m.
- Regional Justice Center, Courtroom 16A or on Bluejeans
- BlueJeans Link: https://bluejeans.com/716077903/5939
- One hour CLE*
- Lunch is being sponsored by Jones Lovelock and will be provided for the first 25 attendees.
- Welcoming remarks from Judge Nancy Allf
- Committee introductions and a word from our luncheon sponsor Jones Lovelock
- Words from our pro bono partners: Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, Senior Law Program and Nevada Legal Services
- Chief Judge Jerry Wiese on current updates affecting the Court, including the willingness of the Discovery Commissioners to mediate discovery disputes before motion practice is initiated
- Presiding Civil Judge Tara Clark-Newberry on current updates affecting the Civil Division
- Panel of: Jennifer Braster, Duane Frizell, Chad Clement – on Expert Witnesses
- Closing remarks from Judge Nancy Allf