On Thursday, August 25, 2022, business law attorneys Shamus Flynn, Daniel Giudici, and A. William “Bill” Maupin will make a special presentation for the continuing legal education of Nevada lawyers in a program produced by the Clark County Bar Association (CCBA) and sponsored by Bank of Nevada and Las Vegas Legal Video.
About the speakers
A former Marine and Ninth Circuit clerk, Shamus Flynn helps clients grapple with sophisticated and vexing issues, especially those touching on the emerging cannabis industry.
A third generation Nevadan and an accomplished business attorney, Daniel Giudici is a thought leader in the cannabis industry and routinely publishes articles analyzing important cannabis-related issues, especially those that touch on tax concerns such as section 280E.
Elected to two terms to the Supreme Court of Nevada from 1997 to 2009, Former Nevada Supreme Court Chief Justice William “Bill” Maupin‘s 50-year legal career includes significant public and private sector experience.
About the presentation
The speakers will present “State of Play Cannabis Law 2022” and address the following topics:
- Cannabis legislative and regulatory updates
- Short overview of proposed federal legislation involving cannabis legalization and banking
- Nevada cannabis legislative and regulatory updates
- Consumption lounge licenses
- New cannabis DUI law
- Nevada Cannabis Compliance Board Update
- Updates on active NV cannabis litigation cases
- Bill Maupin’s Department of Taxation litigation overview
- Section 280E
- Quick overview of Section 280E
- Section 280E’s status with Congress and courts
- Salient 2021 cases involving Section 280E
he presentation will offer 1.0 general CLE credit (NV) to CCBA members only and will be held online via Zoom, from 12:00 to 1:15 p.m., Thursday, August 25, 2022. Pricing of the live webcast event is included with the 2022 CCBA membership. CCBA membership will be verified upon RSVP. During the event, attendance will be taken and only those members in attendance will have their attendance reported to the NV CLE Board.
The event will be recorded for use in the CCBA’s audio/visual library. The recorded versions of the program will be offered for rental use at a small fee (to cover administrative costs). For more information and to RSVP for this event, complete the form below or call the CCBA office at 702-387-6011.