On Wednesday, April 5, 2023, Judge Alicia Albritton of Henderson Municipal Court, Clerk and Court Administrator Terri March of North Las Vegas Justice Court, and Hearing Commissioner Shannon Nordstrom of Las Vegas Municipal Court will make a special presentation for the continuing legal education of Nevada lawyers in a lunchtime learning program produced by Weldon Havins, MD, Esq. of the CCBA’s CLE Committee.
The panelists will present “Traffic Court: AB116 Jurisdictional Implementations” and address important information on topics relevant to their jurisdiction.
Judge Albritton’s topics:
- How AB116 is implemented in Henderson Municipal Court
- Review of “AB116 Overview for Attorneys”
- Ongoing Issues and Concerns
- Public Confusion
- Misinformation from the media
- Traffic misdemeanor citations and civil infraction citations have different laws/rules that apply
- Important issues not addressed in the bill
- Juvenile offenders
- Unresolved citations
- Brazos (system used for ticket writers)
- Public Confusion
Terri March’s topics:
- Challenges associated with the implementation of AB116 within court case management systems
Hearing Commissioner Nordstrom’s topics:
- What’s New with LV Muni Court Traffic
- New court rules and where to find them
- Attorney sessions
- Arraignments and trial settings
- Payment options
The live presentation of “Traffic Court: AB116 Jurisdictional Implementations” will be held online via Zoom, from 12:00 to 1:15 p.m., Wednesday, April 5, 2023. The program will offer 1.0 CLE credit to Nevada lawyers. All RSVPs must be made to the CCBA at least 48 hours before the event starts. Pricing of the live webcast event is included with the 2023 CCBA membership. Non-CCBA members may attend this CLE provided they make payment of $25.00 to the Clark County Bar Association.
CCBA membership will be verified upon RSVP. During the event, attendance will be taken and only those Nevada lawyers in attendance will have their attendance reported to Nevada’s Board of Continuing Legal Education.
For more information and to RSVP for this event, complete the RSVP form at https://clarkcountybar.org/cle-program-traffic-court/.