On Wednesday, August 16, 2023, general liability lawyers Pooja Kumar and Michael Smith of Lewis Brisbois will make a special presentation for the continuing legal education of Nevada lawyers in a lunchtime learning program produced by the Clark County Bar Association and sponsored by the Bank of Nevada and Las Vegas Legal Video. Please join the CCBA for this special presentation.
ChatGPT and Other AI Tools in the Law
- What is ChatGPT? A brief background on how artificial intelligence is available to everyday users.
- What can ChatGPT potentially do? Examples of how attorneys can ask questions on the platform and expected responses.
- Does it work? A real-time example, with fact-checking and corroborating/refuting research.
- Are there implications? Looking at plagiarism issues and legal ethical issues when using these.
- Bottom line. A summary of what we present, including steps to utilizing the platforms in your career.
- Speakers: Pooja Kumar and Michael Smith of Lewis Brisbois
- Date: Wednesday, August 16, 2023
- Time: 12:00 to 1:15 p.m.
- Where: Online via Zoom
- CLE: 1.0 General CLE Credit (NV)
- Price for Live webcast (via Zoom): FREE for CCBA Members (2023) only
- Price for recorded materials rental: $25/CCBA Member or $50/non-member
- Not a current member? Join or renew a CCBA membership for 2023 now!
- RSVP to CCBA by 8/14/2023: https://clarkcountybar.org/marketplace/cle-programs/chatgpt-and-other-ai-tools-in-the-law-cle-program/
All RSVPs must be made to the CCBA at least 48 hours before the event starts. Pricing of the live webcast event is included with the 2023 CCBA membership.
CCBA membership will be verified upon RSVP. During the event, attendance will be taken, and only those Nevada lawyers in attendance will have their attendance reported to Nevada’s Board of Continuing Legal Education.
The event will be recorded for use in the CCBA’s audio/visual library. The recorded versions of the program will be offered for rental use at a small fee (to cover administrative costs).
For more information or to RSVP, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (702) 387-6011.
About this article: This article was originally published in the Communiqué, the official publication of the Clark County Bar Association, (Aug. 2023). See https://clarkcountybar.org/about/member-benefits/communique-2023/communique-august-2023/.
© 2023 Clark County Bar Association (CCBA). All rights reserved. No reproduction of any portion of this issue is allowed without written permission from the publisher. Editorial policy available upon request.