The Civil Rights issue of the Clark County Bar’s journal Communiqué (Feb. 2023) is now available. The issue features content written by members of the bar for members of the bar. See below for a list of featured articles, columns, and highlights.
- “Special Education in Nevada – Five New Laws We Love” By Jean Murrell Adams, Esq.
- “What is Next After Mack v. Williams and the Future of Civil Rights in Nevada?” By Andréa Vieira, Esq.
- CCBA President’s Message: “Working to Make Civil Rights Right” By Brandon Kemble, Esq.
- Nevada Appellate Summaries: “Advance Opinion Summary (1-5-23)” By Joe Tommasino, Esq.
- Pro Bono Corner: “Tips for Enforcing State Constitutional Claims In Light of the Supreme Court of Nevada’s Landmark Decision, Mack v. Williams” By Leo Wolpert, Esq.
- DICE CLE Series 2023
- Clark County Bar Committee Meetings
- Please Support DICE CLE Series + a Nevada Bar Foundation Matching Challenge! (Published with the CCBA President’s Message)
- Family Law CLE Program Free for CCBA Members on February 23, 2023
- Nevada’s Chief Justice Stiglich to Speak at Bar Luncheon on March 23, 2023
- Civil Bench Bar Meeting
- Eighth Amended Administrative Order #18-04
- Kalani Hoo named Chief Judge of North Las Vegas Justice Court
- Judge Rebecca Burton Retired in January
- Commission on Judicial Selection Adds a Fifth Vacancy to the Current Nomination Process
- Special offer for Nevada Ballet Theatre Performance of Blue Until June
- CCBA’s Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Library
- CCBA CLE Passport
- Pro Bono Opportunity
- Want to promote your business?
The Communiqué is primarily a printed magazine format published by the Clark County Bar Association (CCBA). Magazines were mailed on 1/30/2023. A digital version is available for download (PDF file at 3.4 MB) on the CCBA’s website. See https://clarkcountybar.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/2023-2-Communique-Final-lowres.pdf